Guide to Dining
Welcome to your Guide to Dining
DMU dining services are managed by Aladdin, An Elior Company. Here at Des Moines University, we offer a program that meets the needs of today’s student. Each year you will experience exciting changes, fresh menus, and new enhancements to your dining program. These changes are a result of the feedback and input of many students and staff members.
Dining Hall Information and Policies
Use your DMU Bucks at Summerfield’s Cafe & Coffee Bar.
You can add money to your Student ID account on E-Cash or come down to Summerfield’s.
- For each additional $53 added to your account, you will receive an additional $5 DMU Bucks added to the total.
- For each additional $106 added to your account, you will receive an additional $14 DMU Bucks added to the total.
Click on the “Add Dining Dollars” link to add to your account. Please note, when filling out or setting up your account, you will need your security badge ID number which can be obtained in Security or Facilities Management in Ryan Hall 140 or at Ext. 1595.
For balance inquiries please reach out to the Foodservice staff at Summerfield’s
This is YOUR dining service and we are here to serve you! We appreciate your input and feedback to better meet your needs. You can make your voice heard through comment cards or just introduce yourself and tell us what you think.
Special Dietary Needs
If you have special dietary needs, please consult with the Food Service Director. All efforts will be made to meet your special needs.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Lost Card Policy
You must present your ID card to the cashier each time you enter the Dining Hall. If your ID badge has been lost or stolen, please contact the Security Office at 515-271-1471. A fee will be assessed for the replacement of lost ID badges. For current fees, please visit the Accounting page on the DMU website
Your understanding and observation of the following regulations will guarantee smooth, efficient operation of the Dining Hall.
- Students must obey the University personal appearance regulations while in the Dining Hall.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- You are not permitted to take food from the Dining Hall.
- To avoid waste, you should choose one entrée when entering the served lines. More entrees are available for seconds.
- After dining, please return trays to the dish return and leave your table and chairs neat and clean.
- Please behave courteously at all times.
- You will not be granted credit for any meals missed.
- We also ask that you abide by all of the Aladdin policies.